Saturday, May 4, 2013

Shakespeare's Plays


Shakespeare's Plays
I would've loved to go to one of Shakespeare's Plays in the olden days. Well, I might've at least snuck in and disguised myself as a man, to that extent would I have loved to go.. 

Clothing those days
How I imagine myself, if I would go as myself, a lady, I'd wear a lovely gown, with puffy shoulder pieces, a cloak, perhaps a mini ruff (the circular piece of fabric around the neck, worn by clowns), well polished shoes and a gorgeous looking hat!! We (audience) would then be seated, back up right, fans aside, looking pretty. The play would commence, music starts, we would laugh, cry and cheer with the characters! I would be looking at the actors.. Wondering how would they memorize such long lines in very little time, how they would learn the "Shakespearean language". And how they excite me to visit another of Shakespeare's plays. 

wait.. 'Shakespeare's Plays".. "Shakespeare's"...

Along my research about Shakespeare's Plays, a question or rather an argument have passed me,
' Did Shakespeare write his plays?? '

(link in Film Excerpts)

The Shakespeare Conspiracy

I personally think it's rather absurd of addressing such an argument.. If people excel in their work, we as humans, DOUBT them. Shakespeare's life was a mystery, people were not quite sure of his birth date, and how long was this? 449 years ago?? And now people think he did not write his plays. Who else would have? Alright, let's say someone else wrote these plays, who would it be? Would we doubt them too? Would we reckon that they did not write their work even if they signed it off and worked all their life for it? All these questions rush through in my head when people ask such nonsense questions. 

People say he was not educated enough to write such fluent plays. Guess what? Albert Einstien was said to have failed his subjects in school, he was said to be 'lazy', or rather 'dumb', yet today he is considered to be an epitome of genius, school was just a place of boredom to him. Same with Shakespeare, people doubted him. Though they doubt him now, he was able to go further in the English language than College courses ever did. 
Macbeth as a movie
Hamlet as a movie

In my opinion, Shakespeare is Shakespeare and he DID write his own plays! 

Shakespeare's Plays

Many are today widely known, so I'm pretty sure you've heard at least one! Here's a list of his 10 most successful and loved plays! 
  1. Hamlet
  2. Romeo and Juliett 
  3. Henry V
  4. Midsummer Night's Dream
  5. Macbeth
  6. Richard III
  7. Julius Caesar
  8. Twelfth Night or What you will
  9. The Taming of the Shrew
  10. Othello, The moor of Venice

Well, Shakespeare's plays are in my opinion, interesting! They might not have the modern 'fun and entertainment', but a classic stays a classic. 

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I love how you added the Shakespeare conspiracy and I agree I think Shakespeare wrote his plays. I also liked how you linked it to Einstein :) Well done with this blog, you did a great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HESSAAAAA~ I loved the fact that you bestowed us with your oh-so-informative style of writing, through subtle bursts and not just FACT FACT FACT FACT. To be quite honest, I agree with you 110% in terms of the authorship debate. Us, being the envious humans that we are, guided by jealousy and spite, we can't ever seem to accept that fact that someone is ACTUALLY able to create such mastery. Pfft. All in all, FANTABULOUS BLOG SPOT. FANTABULOUS!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was the best blog post of yours YET. I think the first part you wrote about, how audiences watched the play and what they wore was the best, because I could imagine a lot of Hessa in that, you described it very well, that I felt like I was there! I agree with Mariam on pretty much everything! I think you have showed more opinion in this blog post that you ever did. It was simply amazing. GOOD JOBBB :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you 'loosened up' in this blog and showed us more of your casual writing style :) it was lovely! There is just something about your method of writing that keeps me captivated and wanting to read more :D Wonderful job! Oh, and i agree with everything Abbie, Mariam and Joelle said :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this; from the starttt all the way through.I like how you were imagining being in that dimension. It was smooth and so keeping up was easy. I usually lose interest fast but you kept me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Hessa! I totally agree with you on the Shakespeare's Conspiracy section!

    ReplyDelete